Józef K

Coming back to the topic of sweet'n'cosy cafes I started to explore in my yesterday's post I couldn't keep my hands off posting about the cafe which exactly falls under the definition of a perfect one for me. It simply could not be better! If you are in Sopot, Poland, one day, this place is a must-see, although it is not one of those hot spots visited by crowds of tourists (counting on you to guard this secret;))... In fact the cafe seems to be still mostly enjoyed and visited by locals, which helped it to preserve its charm.

Józef K is a literary cafe and quite an ambitious one I would say - where apart from getting a cup of lovely 'Kot Behemoth' chocolate (umm, with that lovely minty after taste!) - or acorn coffee, which you will never find anywhere else - you can pick a book from the cafe's little library and either enjoy works of authors like Bulgakov and Tolstoy or just browse through some colourful table books in a feast-for-your-eye interior. But that is not it! Józef K promotes a quarterly "Korespondencja z ojcem", samples of which can be found on this website and is closely connected to the so called Slavic Literature Cooperative, which supports young writers from Central&Eastern Europe and Balkans. Lovely interior, great reading and a creative idea behind it all! Enjoy:


Photobucket




Photobucket

Images via Jozef K

10 comments:

Mr Lee said...

Wow,so cool!Wonderful blog.Coming to your blog We are very pleased to.
Nice to meet you.We upload something about the works to the blog.
We invite you to our blog.Look forward to your visit.Happy every day!

http://china-cutter.blogspot.com/

hillybillyfarmgirl said...

Those are FANTASTIC photographs, the atmosphere is amazing...
:))

Karin said...

wow, this place looks fantastic!

Olga said...

It does, it is my one of my top favourite places around here ;)

Halimas said...

...and they serve local unpasteurized draught beer :)

Olga said...

And I bet you really miss this place ;)

I.nna said...

ale klimacik... nie wiedziałam, że gdzieś jeszcze są takie kawiarnie :)
jak będe w Sopocie, na pewno tam zajrzę

Olga said...

hej hej :) jak by cos, moge podpowiedziec jak tam trafic ;)

The Whispering Poppies said...

WOW! This place is amazing! It looks so surreal! Thank you for telling me about this post. I only WISH we had something like this here!

Oh! My name is Louise (named after my Polish great-grandmother Ludwiga). =)

Olga said...

Great to meet you, Louise ;)