CHOICES...



Images by Olga from the magical Casa Batllo

I think I am lucky to live in the time when choices are pretty much endless. There are few limitations and even less rules. I guess I could become anything I want in life as long as I'd really want it - a photographer, a designer, a big boss, a house wife, an engineer ... , ... But is it possible that having so many choices prevents us from making one? That is if we finally choose something - another option goes away. So I just can't stop thinking whether we really live in the time when we can't choose just one thing anymore.. Or is it just me?

(... Or is this aboulia :P )
<< >>

I wonder whether I would write differently if I knew people who know me well read my blog...

1 comment:

Paralelo Longe said...

Of course it’s not only you, Olga. The world is open daily in front of our eyes just with a simple click in our computers. The range of choices and opportunities is immense and it’s impossible not to become seduced by a good number of which we feel identified with. I always feel that I have too many interests and an enormous lack of time to handle them as I’d like. I guess nowadays that happens with everyone. We tend to concentrate in ourselves, sometimes more activities (and I mean either hobbies or simply working jobs) than those acceptable and reasonable in order to led a comfortable and a quality life. And sometimes we become frustrated because we simply cannot handle everything with the same commitment. So, life taught me (after too much work and too many nights without sleep) that in order to have a good quality life it’s important to choose wisely, according to a prioritization of interests and never giving too much importance to what does not deserve to be important in your scale of life. This balanced choices surely predict better quality days. Hugs, I always write too much...and this a vice that I caught from my work :) Chears!